This recipe was a mistake. I started with ALL the wrong ingredients other than Curry powder, but the end result is a casserole I crave now when I want something warm, cheesy, and comforting. This is my keto Comfort Curry Casserole and I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 lb. of Chicken
- 2-3 Crowns of Broccoli
- -½ pound (or half the package) of sliced white American cheese, you can ask for it at the deli if you cant find it in the cheese section
- 1 batch of Curry Sauce (below)
- The chicken and broccoli can be prepared any way you prefer. I normally use left over chicken and left over roasted broccoli. I will add these directions here, but left overs or frozen precooked will work also!
- If you cant find white American cheese, that is ok. A few others used other cheeses and really enjoyed this casserole.
To prepare the chicken, season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in a medium high heat skillet with some oil. Then cube and set aside.
Wash, cut, and put on a baking sheet. Oil, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 and oil a baking dish
Mix together the sauce and set aside
I layered my dish with broccoli, chicken, curry mix, then cheese. I did this twice and topped with cheese. You can throw everything in a bowl, mix together, and then put in a baking dish.
Put in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. I always turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes at the end for the crusty cheese on top.