If you were a potato, how would you be prepared? Tots? Fries? Fast food hash browns? Well, I’d be mashed potatoes. If you’ve been on a keto journey for any amount of time, you know those versatile spuds are taboo. It’s okay to miss food – especially mashed potatoes! Nothing will ever replace that ubiquitous starch, but this cauli mash recipe comes pretty dang close to the real deal; it really gives you a restaurant or thanksgiving mash vibe!
This low carb, guilt free side (or main, I won’t judge!) is the perfect complement to any meal. I’ve been making this smooth, creamy, satisfying dish for years to go with pretty much everything – from pork chops to chicken to Mississippi Pot Roast! Paul likes to brag that this is the BEST cauli mash out there, and I can’t say I disagree – nothing has compared! It’s great to cook ahead of time for a holiday dinner, or to eat all week with your meal prep. You can’t go wrong with this recipe!
This is a simple side dish that will please any potato lover. Cauliflower, some cream and butter, a spoonful of sour cream, a little cream cheese, and some garlic are all blended up to create a dish I think might be even better than potatoes. There, I said it! LOL
-two bags of frozen cauliflower- I prefer Kroger/Ralphs brand for all my frozen vegetables, they are the best quality!
-1/4 cup sour cream
-2 ounces of cream cheese room temperature
-2 tbsp butter, room temperature
-2 tbsp heavy cream
-1/4 cup shredded parmesan
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-Microwave the cauliflower according to the packaging.
-Put cauliflower and all other ingredients into a blender.
-Put in an oven safe dish, top with cheddar, green onion, and bacon. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so. You don’t have to do this step, but it really brings the dish together and baking it helps the texture!
- Baking Dish
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower cook according to package in the microwave
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter soft
- 2 ounces cream cheese soft
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar, green onions, precoocked bacon to top before the oven
- Microwave the cauliflower according to the packaging
- Put cauliflower, and all other ingredients into a blender.
- Put in an oven safe dish, top with cheddar, green onion, and bacon. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so. You don’t have to do this step but it really brings the dish together and baking it helps the texture!